Friday, July 22, 2011

My Very First Blog!!

So,I have decided that I am starting a blog about our homeschooling journey. I guess I will begin with a bit of info about me. I am married to Adam since Sept of 94 and we have 2 girls,Scarlett 8 and Vivian 5. We are beginning our 4th year of home education in the fall. We have used My Father's World the entire time and love it! Although Scarlett is pretty weak in math,so we are switching to Math U See this year. Hopefully that helps!We are also going with Easy Grammar this time around. I have spent the last 2 weeks scouring eBay for bargains trying to put together the curriculum at a bargain price. All in all I saved $139 but honestly I don't know if it was worth it what with the stress of bidding (does that make anyone else as crazy as me?!)
   Anyway,my plan for this blog is to keep a record of our progress throughout the school year.I'm sure some days there will be laughs,and unfortunately there will be days with tears...have I mentioned the math issue??? I look forward to sharing our ups and downs with the cyber world,but now have to go because Scarlett is screaming for me to make root beer...here I go. Until next time,God Bless and happy blogging!
                                                 Homeschooling Mama x2
                                                                    Kelly

2 comments:

  1. WTG on the blog Kelly!! I started one a couple of years back and haven't kept up with it. I need to get better. My plan was to get back on the wagon this fall. :) Hoping that works out. LOL You migt try www.hpb.com and paperbackswap.com too to peice the curriculum together. I bought the basic package and got the rest that way. What year are you doing this year? We are starting Explorers to 1850. Looking forward to hearing your adventures this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tara!! :-) Thankfully,I have everything ordered! Vivian is starting K this year and Scarlett is starting Exploring Countries and Cultures. Looking through everything is throwing me into a full blown panic! LOL!

    ReplyDelete