Saturday, October 8, 2011

Working from my husband's computer today.

First day of school chocolate strawberry muffins!


My angel babies.


filling out her passport application.

bark rubbing on our nature walk.


the earth cake!
I am so disappointed in myself. I am a blogging slacker. I had every intention to blog like there was no tomorrow about our family's home schooling journey. Here we are over a month in and there is nary a blog to be found. So,I am here to remedy that this evening.
   We are about 6 weeks into our school year. Already we have had some serious ups and downs. I have been praying hard for guidance and this past week things have turned around. Thank the Lord! Vivian is loving kindergarten! She concentrates very hard (most of the time she works with her little tongue sticking out!) She is very proud! It is darling to watch her,even coloring gets undivided attention.
      Scarlett was having a hard time adjusting to the school work again after a play filled summer. She was getting some bad outside influences,but again after much prayer and reflection (and a bit of tough love) things have started in the right direction. Her favorite subjects this year are art and science. Math U See was a WONDERFUL investment for us! She actually asks to do math now and is finally seeming to grasp the concepts! Again...thank the Lord!!!
     We have had some fun,making an Earth cake and going on several nature walks,gathering leaves and doing bark rubbings. Scarlett got her "passport" to travel the world last week. She is excited to learn about a bunch of different countries this year. Next week we are "going" to Mexico! We tried to make raisins out of grapes,but unfortunately the squirrels were too hungry to leave our experiment alone! LOL.
  I have a few pictures to post and I think we'll be up to date. Hopefully I will be more diligent about keeping this up to date! Til next time,blessing to you....
                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment